Literally, a parking lot speed bump took out our vehicle. Upon our arrival yesterday into the capital city, we pulled into a parking lot and went over a speed bump. We heard and felt a loud bang and the front right side of the vehicle slumped down. Stephen jumped out of the vehicle and took a look. The body of the front corner was slumped down, almost touching the tire. Underneath, Stephen saw a “bar” hanging down.
Our first thoughts were, “Oh, no! How much is this going to cost? We don’t have enough for a replacement vehicle yet, and we don’t want to spend a lot on this one.” And we prayed. God is amazing, and we were able to see God working, even in this despairing moment. This is what He did:
- God allowed the tension bolt to snap within one mile of our mechanic, instead of in the village or somewhere on the road to the capital city.
- Upon our arrival to the mechanic, one of his two bays was open. This is unheard of, especially on a Saturday, and he was able to get our vehicle right into the bay.
- Praise the Lord, it was just a tension bolt and nothing major.
- The mechanic had one and only one tension bolt for our type of vehicle.
- In addition, the mechanic was able to take care of a gasoline leak we also had.
Within two hours of the bolt snapping, we were back on the road again. Thank you, Lord!
Once again, the need to replace this vehicle is brought to the forefront. We are so thankful for the several individuals and two churches that have given toward this need. We also appreciate your continued prayers for this need and for God’s provision.