We had been given a challenging question, in January, and we thank you for thinking with us on how to answer it. Our missionary speaker had actually admitted to us that he was not sure there would be only one right answer to what God’s main theme is for His work here on earth – God is certainly more comprehensive than we can fully describe. But He gives us the privilege of still being a part of what he is doing: seeking to be glorified through people from every tribe, tongue, people and nation (see Rev.5:9).
I am enjoying my part in seeing a training program developed for Africans who want to participate in reaching people groups who still do not have the Bible in their language. After finishing the first draft of a set of 14 lessons on God’s eternal purpose for His people; I send it to both English proof-readers and French proof-readers (these lessons are in both languages, depending where in Africa they will be used) and now I need to incorporate the corrections and suggestions into a second, revised draft.
As to updates from life in Alabama, I also enjoy participating in outreach efforts of our local church, like preaching monthly at a mental health group home. My mom enjoys her daily walks to pick up our mail and up and down the street, as weather permits, plus reading her Bible through-out the day – which will be greatly helped once we get her cataracts surgeries taken care of this month and next. Martha enjoys helping me proof-read lessons, working in the church kitchen or nursery, helping widows from church and our neighborhood, and doing many more helpful acts of service than I could list. We certainly enjoy serving the Lord together.
◊ Praise the Lord with us for…
- Helping us complete a first draft of the 14 eternity-to-eternity mission theology lessons.
- Opportunities to participate in local outreach (as well as daily Dawn Prayer Meetings).
- The privilege of being both a part of the Bride, and partner in the work of completing the Church worldwide.
◊ Pray with us…
- As we start the 2nd draft for this 14-lesson set of missionary training lessons for Africa; as well as starting other translation projects for Africa.
- As we participate in our home church’s spiritual gifting assessment month, this March.
- As we try to get cataract surgery for Mom Enns as soon as possible.
Thankful for your prayers for us,
Theo & Martha Enns
60 Briarwood Lane
Rainsville, AL 35986
T: 256-601-9765; M: 256-601-0551
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.