Do you know when I became Theo?
When dad and mom Enns first went to Brazil as missionaries with New Tribes Mission in 1958, they called me Teddy. But when I entered 7th grade I thought I had grown up, so I insisted on being called Theodore … all the way through high school. At Bible School in Brazil I was known as Tiago (my middle name in Portuguese). But as I began missionary training, I changed to being called Theo. So I know names change.
This year is the 75th anniversary of New Tribes Mission, founded in 1942. Now there are international “home offices” in many countries, like our sending office in Durham, Ontario. In some countries, our mission name has changed even beyond a direct translation into another language like: Missão Novas Tribos do Brasil. In Africa, we serve now under the name: Vision Intégrale (which can be translated as: Comprehensive Vision). In the United States, the mission name has now been changed to Ethnos360. (In Greek ethnos means ethnic people or nations; & we seek to reach them 360o around the world.) NTM Canada is pursuing a similar name change, soon. But for now, our home office web site is https://canada.ntm.org ; and the American office site is www.ethnos360.org . You can learn about our mission’s history there; or more about our personal history on our About page.
◊ Pray with us…
- As we continue editing a 14-lesson set of missionary training lessons for believers in Africa who wish to participate in Integral Vision.
- As we translate mission resource material into French for Africa.
- As we care for Mom Enns in our home, and participate in programs at our local church here in Alabama.
◊ Praise the Lord with us …
- For successful cataract surgery for Mom (reading glasses still to come).
- For health and strength to serve (not taken for granted at our age J).
- For the privilege of participating in world missions, still reaching people groups who don’t yet have the Bible in their own language.
Glad to be part of HIStory,
Theo & Martha Enns
Missionaries with NTM Canada since 1978
“As part of the Church — serving the Church — to expand the Church”
60 Briarwood Lane — Rainsville, AL 35986 — USA
T: 256-601-9765; M: 256-601-0551