Hello from Alabama,
We asked for your prayers in our November prayer & praise letter as I translated the Literacy training material, including
its computer program, and we thank you for continuing those prayers. The picture here is from Dakar, Senegal where I met the McDaniels (Jerry & Joyce are at opposite ends of the line-up) teaching a Literacy workshop in 2016. Now Martha and I will stay with them for about a week (travelling to Florida on February 26) so that I can take their Literacy workshop in French. I will be using the new French instructions, under McDaniel’s supervision, to be sure that they clearly lead me in developing a hypothetical reading program, primers (phonics readers) and workbooks that would teach a people group basic reading, writing & math skills.
God gave us His Word in written form, to be sure that it would endure, and not be changed. But a written Word requires reading. And in order to read the Word, many of these people groups will need to have their language put into writing and then be taught to read in their own language. Our African missionary candidates will be trained in how to develop these literacy courses for teaching the tribal people to read – so that they can read the Bible that will be translated into their language. And we thank you for being a part of this ministry, with us, through your prayers and gifts. And let’s pray together that more and more laborers will obey His command to also “Go into all the world…!”
◊ Pray with us…
- …as we translate training material into French for African missionary candidates.
- …as we travel to Florida for a week at the end of February to sharpen our Literacy translation comprehension.
- …for my mom and the lady from church that will stay with her during our absence.
◊ Praise the Lord with us …
- …for the privilege of serving Almighty God, who uses man to reach our fellowman with the Good News;
- …for His enabling, strength, health and inspiration as we seek to be faithful to share His Word;
- …for African believers that want to be a part of reaching language groups that still have not heard the Truth.
Serving together, by His grace,
Theo & Martha Enns
Members of Ethnos Canada since 1978
“As part of the Church – serving the Church – to expand the Church”