Hi from Alabama, again,
The Broadway Baptist Church missions trip to Haiti (June 10–16) went great! Thanks for your prayers! I enjoyed being able to participate in things like: putting up eaves troughs (called “gutters” here in Alabama) to collect cistern water for the orphanage, throwing Frisbees and holding babies for hours, and playing my little Travelers’ Guitar both at the seniors’ home and at the orphanage for a couple hours at a stretch several different times. At the seniors’ home, there was also a growth-challenged young lady who couldn’t read, but still wanted to hold my hymn book and sway with the music as she sang. So, although I couldn’t see the lyrics, she could sing 4 or 5 verses of each of the Creole hymns by heart. ????
I also had a lovely visit with the Mission of Grace school principal, there. He was excited to receive samples of the Bible curriculum for grades one and two that I had prepared when we lived in Haiti in 2013–2015. He said he hoped to incorporate them into his own school, next year already.
Of course, our ministry to West Africa continues: translating training materials into French for equipping Africans who want to join in the goals of seeing the Bible become available to all languages. Pray also for our missionary co-workers who will be meeting in Senegal for a week-long “Refresh” time together from July 2–6. They are directly involved in Bible translation and church-planting, as they disciple local leaders in how to develop thriving churches in remote regions of West Africa.
Continue to pray for us:
– for inspiration in translating training materials into French for these African missionary candidates;
– for health, strength, and support as we serve West Africa from our office-in-home here in Alabama;
– for God to raise up more missionaries to reach peoples that still need the gospel in their own language.
Praise the Lord with us:
– for the opportunities we had this month to reach out to needy people in Haiti;
– for our safety on the trip & for being with Martha and Mom Enns while they stayed home in Rainsville;
– for the visit from my brother Larry & family. (Yes, you’re all invited to come be our guests, any time!)
Gratefully serving with Vision Intégrale/Ethnos360/Ethnos Canada,
Theo & Martha Enns email@example.com
60 Briarwood Lane
Rainsville, AL 35986
“As part of the Church – serving the Church – to expand the Church”