Happy New Year,
Like many of you, we have looked back to evaluate our efforts in 2018, and we wonder what the Lord has for us in 2019 and beyond. Will the Lord give us another 4 years of full-time missionary service (until I turn 70)? Or will it be 8 years or even 18 years? Even youths grow tired and weary, … but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. My mom (88 years old) wrote out those verses from Isaiah 40:28-31 and gave them to me when I went to Haiti last summer.
Speaking of Haiti, our local church here in Alabama is sending a team back to Haiti for 2 weeks in June. They have invited me to lead a 10-day pastors’ training workshop there, to show their pastors how to teach chronologically through the Old Testament to help folks better understand the New Testament. I will be teaching them how to use the church development model that we “Ethnos” missionaries use, and leaving them each with a copy of the 3-volume set of “Building on Firm Foundations” in French. They, of course, would in turn need to teach it in the heart language of Haiti: in Creole. So please pray with us about the costs for this trip, including materials to leave with these Haitian pastors.
We are thankful for what He has done in
– kept my mom healthy and happy in our home;
– given us many opportunities to minister within our local church here in Alabama;
– enabled us to serve our missionaries in West Africa through translation work into French.
We covet your prayers for us in 2019:
– as we continue translating church-development training material for African missionary candidates;
– for God’s provision through God’s people’s in supplying funds for this extra trip to Haiti;
– for on-going stamina, health and anticipation for all He has prepared for us to do for Him.
Looking forward with joy,
“As part of the Church – serving the Church – to expand the Church”