April showers bring May flowers. My mom, Hedy, says the weeds in our front & back yards are starting to call her. It’s hard to persuade dear momma to relax, to not work too hard. It’s spring, after all! Mom has recovered well from her falls and skin cancer minor surgery. We had a great Mother’s Day, even though one of my brothers, who was going to be with us that day, wasn’t able to make it. But we shared our Mother’s Day meal with a couple from church who had lost their only son six months ago. There were also several other real close friends from church here in Alabama who have lost loved ones in the last few months.
In my French translation ministry for West Africa, I have just finished a PowerPoint project about the first 15 years of New Tribes Mission*. There were several tragic deaths in our early mission history, yet God has grown this mission to reach more than 40 countries, establishing churches in over 350 languages. Last month we celebrated Easter, and Christ’s resurrection proves that death no longer needs to keep man eternally separated from God. This motivates us to keep training more missionaries to be able to tell this Good News to people from language groups who still have not heard.
PRAY with us:
– that African believers will catch the vision to reach the people groups that still don’t have God’s Word in their language;
– that we will be efficient in preparing missionary training materials in French;
– that God will be bring stability to Haiti, where missionaries had to leave (so my trip there was postponed indefinitely).**
PRAISE God with us:
– for our health & strength to serve God from Alabama, while caring for mom;
– for God’s people serving in West Africa, reaching ethnic groups throughout that continent;
– for God’s people who faithfully partner with them, helping proclaim that Death has been conquered.
Serving a Living Lord,
Theo & Martha Enns email@example.com
60 Briarwood Lane firstname.lastname@example.org
Rainsville, AL 35986
ph: 256-601-9765 | https://ethnos360.org/ | https://ethnos.ca/
“As part of the Church – serving the Church – to expand the Church.”
*PS: since the 75th anniversary of NTM, our decentralized mission works under multiple names, like: Ethnos360, Ethnos Canada, & Vision Intégrale (our French name in West Africa).
**See our January 2019 blog re my previously planned trip.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.