The Coronavirus has affected many international travelers. And while we had not planned any trip this month, we have been praying about whether a trip to Haiti could happen by the last week of July. I would still love to be able to teach a 2-week pastors’ training course down there. This teaching material starts out with the chronological truths from Genesis 1:1 through the resurrection and ascension of Christ. Our emphasis would be on how to use the French version of the 3-volume series “Building on Firm Foundations” for preaching in their own heart language: Haitian Creole. But this “short-term missions” trip was cancelled once already, last summer, because of troubles in Haiti, and those troubles have not totally settled down even yet. So, pray with us (a) for peace in Haiti; & (b) for wisdom whether & when to go.
On the other hand, our oldest grandson is graduating from high school in Idaho at the end of May. Martha and I would love to attend that milestone, and to participate in a couple other grandchildren’s birthdays that also happen the first part of June. This is, of course, a personal wish, not a ministry trip. And so, we invite you to pray with us as to whether planning such a trip could be worked out financially, as well as several other logistics in our ministry responsibilities here in Alabama.
Pray with us, for:
- …safety from the coronavirus for our missionaries in Senegal;
- …for a calming of extreme activism in several West African countries;
- …wisdom in preparing French resources for African believers.
Praise God with us, for:
- …good health that we and my mom, living with us, have had;
- …opportunities to serve in the local community, here in Alabama;
- …the privilege of being a part of what God is doing in Africa, through your prayers and support, together with those overseas.
Gladly in His service,
Theo & Martha Enns