Arriving in Spokane, WA to begin our furlough with friends and family there, the last thing we expected was for a nasty flu bug to wipe us out… slowly and methodically over the course of eight or nine very rough days! Yet as one busy season is exchanged for another, we saw our faithful God use the experience to remind us that true Life comes through resting in Him – and not through progress made on our home assignment checklist. Now healthy once more, we are making headway on the tasks God has give us… all the while greatly enjoying the opportunity to fellowship with beloved family and friends not seen for a very long time!
Palm Sunday was our first opportunity to see many of you, sharing a brief report at our home church (Peaceful Valley Church in Elk, WA) on the conclusion of ministry in Chihuahua and what lies ahead in the next few months. Though sickness prevented our attendance on Easter Sunday, we anticipate several opportunities more to worship together with our church family there in May and June. Then, this past Sunday, we had the privilege of sharing our ministry with Bellingham United Reformed Church, where my cousin Ben serves as pastor. The time of fellowship following was so encouraging, and we enjoyed the insightful questions our brothers and sisters in Christ brought to our conversations there.
We will remain in Western Washington for the rest of the month of April, and in May will return to Eastern Washington for several weeks more. While in the west this month, we would love to see any of you who are in the Greater Seattle Area! Please feel welcome to join us at any of our scheduled events (listed below), or let us know how else we might connect with you – whether now, or after our return in late June.
- Sunday, April 15 – Crossroads Bible Church (Bellevue, WA): sharing in the Fireside Room, 9:30a and 11:10a
- Sunday, April 22 – Sylvan Way Baptist Church (Bremerton, WA): sharing a report during Sunday morning services, 9:00a and 11:00a
- Sunday, April 29 – Crossroads Bible Church (Bellevue, WA): attending services at 11:10a
Praise God with us!
- For the blessing of quality time with dear family and friends, and the encouragement He is bringing us through this season of life together with you all!
- For sustaining us through difficult and busy seasons of life, reminding us of His faithfulness to use all things to ultimately grow us more like His Son.
- For the first meetings of the Nahuatl church as a body of believers these past two Sundays, and the work He continues to do among them!
Ways you can pray:
- For our learning curve as we begin homeschooling with our kids for the first time, as so many other things in life are changing at the same time.
- For the opportunities God is bringing us to share His heart for the Nahuatl people; specifically, that God will help us communicate clearly and prepare well.
- For all the preparations for housebuilding – plans, funding, building teams, and materials – which are far beyond us, but no challenge for our loving Father!
Miss you guys!!
Jordan Husband says
And we you!!!