Returns and Rejoicings
I had a wonderful time with Nicole, Olivia, Jacob and Owen. Being there with them for those weeks met the desires of my “mother’s and grandmother’s heart.” Thanks again for praying for us both, especially during the time I was away, through my sickness, and for my return to the Philippines.
Our son-in-law Justin returned from his trip to Asia before I left their home. He came back excited about the work that is going on and which they hope to join by early next year, the Lord willing. Justin & Nicole continue to do pre-field ministry and their support level is now at 72%! This is cause for rejoicing. Please join us in prayer for the remainder of their support, for the contacts and meetings to see more partners in their ministry. We rejoice in those who have already joined their “team.”
I was able to return to the Philippines on March 8th and on the 9th we were reunited! There was a lot of rejoicing going on for our being back together! Thank you for praying for my health so I could return. I have been feeling well, so we are rejoicing in that.
We praise the Lord for great flying weather last Thursday as we were able to return to the village. Lance has returned to translating the book of Proverbs. Some of the concepts are very difficult to translate into Higaunon. Please continue to pray for wisdom as he works through this book that has so much rich content.
When the Lord Jesus Christ returns to collect His Bride, the Church, there will be rejoicing for those who are His! Pity those who do not know Him when He returns for His own! Pray for laborers for the fields ripe for harvest around the world. We live in exciting days with all that is happening around the world.
Thank you for partnering with us as we continue to see God’s Word get to the Higaunon people. Rejoice with us in all that God is doing not only here but around the world.
Secure in Christ’s love,
Lance & Laura
PS – oh, and yes! the cats were especially glad to have me back home.
- Lance as he continues to work through Proverbs
- For dryer weather –
- rains continue and our dam for the hydro electric generators has been undermined; repair work is ongoing. The rain has also affected the airstrip which will need some work in the near future.
- The people here want to begin to plant their farms, but are not able because of the rains.
- For our children and grandchildren (Robert & his son Ean, Nicole & Justin; Olivia, Jacob & Owen – they have flu and pneumonia!)
- Pray for laborers to take the gospel message to those who still need to hear it.