By the time this hits your inboxes we will be halfway through our first (of 4) terms of school. (Our mission’s school starts in early August). Paul has been busy in the hangar helping keep our 3 Kodiak airplanes and one Bell Long Ranger helicopter running. He also has been able to help a fellow mission inspect their helicopter too! And while this all happens we are so blessed to see the Gospel advancing in many different tribal locations… locations that really are only accessible by small aircraft… or long hikes.
Off To School They Go!
Instead of being homeschooled this year, Phoebe and Josh are attending Numonohi Christian Academy (NCA). NCA is located here on the same support center where we live and is run by fellow missionaries. It’s goal is to equip students to follow Christ. NCA exists to help further the Gospel by providing a great education to our MKs (missionary kids). Phoebe is in grade 4 while Joshua is enjoying (yes, there are moments of enjoyment) grade 2.
New Ministry For Andrea
With the kids in school, Andrea took this opportunity to dust off her University of Maryland Biology degree and help in the high school. Along with a teacher in the States, Andrea is facilitating both high school biology and chemistry. It has been quite an adjustment but a fun one. Getting to interact daily with 30+ teenagers brings its joys and challenges. Andrea is really enjoying teaching these subjects from a Christian worldview!
Praise & Prayer Requests
- Praise: Our health. After a tummy-troubling summer, we all seem to be of good health.
- Praise: Successful completion of a helicopter inspection for a nearby mission, SIL (Wycliffe). Teamwork!
- Praise: God is SO good!
- Praise: God is providing family and friends to visit & encourage Paul’s parents as they recover & cope.
- Prayer: Andrea and the kids as we adjust to GOING to school. 🙂
- Prayer: No helicopter pilot on the field. One has completed training in the USA. Now the family is working on returning to PNG. We need pilots (both airplane and helicopter).
- Prayer: The people in the Middle East, especially our brothers and sisters in Christ.