With the fall season come and almost gone, we want to take this opportunity to share some of the highlights of the last couple of months:
- Rebekah has moved and begun her studies at college.
- Luke joined a football team and then broke his wrist just prior to the first game. Even with a broken wrist, he continued to practice with the team with the goal of playing in the final game of the season, which he did.
- The boys, Stephen, Luke, and Jonathan, went to a monster truck show.
- Abigail began voice lessons and has been able to participate with the youth choir at our home church.
- Stephen and Luke attended a University of Michigan football game with Ginger’s uncle. Go Blue!
- With Abigail’s desire to pursue Interior Designing, Abigail and Stephen had a couple of dates looking at some homes that were part of the Parade of Homes in our area.
- The whole family spent a day at a local farm: picking apples, going through a corn maze, eating pumpkin donuts, and more.
- Ginger was able to plan and purchase supplies she needs for the next two years of cards.
- Abigail was able to complete her Segment 2 classes for Driver’s training, and is continuing to log in driving hours with the goal of obtaining her license before we return to the Philippines.
- Luke and Abigail have enjoyed many activities with the youth group of our home church, often doing something twice a week.
- And we enjoyed having Rebekah home for her fall break.
Along with all these memories, we have been busy. The kids and Ginger continue to plug away daily with home schooling. And as many of you know, we have been speaking almost every Sunday in various churches around Michigan and Indiana. The Lord has also given us weekly opportunities to be involved in Ginger’s home church through Word of Life and a new college/career class. We thank God for these opportunities to be used for God’s glory.
As winter approaches, so does our return to the field. Lord willing, we will be able to make a few winter memories before we return to the warmth of the Philippines.