With only a few weeks left before we return to the Philippines, we have our lists of things still to do: things still to purchase, things still to ship, things still to do as a family. This past few weeks several items were checked off these lists including some of the items off our kids’ lists.
Here are just a few examples:
- To make a trip to Bob Jones University where Abigail is hoping to study Architecture and Interior Design when she graduates from high school. Check!
- To celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas with Ginger’s parents and two siblings. This is the first time that Ginger’s entire family have all been together in the States for over 17 years. Check!
- To have some friends over for our annual Christmas cookie decorating. Check!
- To take a picture of Luke in shorts outside in negative degree weather. His idea, not ours. Check!
- To see Abigail complete her driver’s training and get her driver’s license during our time in the States. Check!
- To order and ship supplies for Kid’s Bible Club in the Philippines. Check!
- To build a snowman. We have had over 12 inches of snow over the last two weeks, but the snow has just not been packable. However, the weather has warmed up and we got out there and built two snowmen. Check!
Other items have been checked off, but it seems like the list keeps on getting longer and longer as we get closer to our departure. We appreciate your prayers with us as we complete these lists over the next few weeks.