Sports Bible Camp is just around the corner! This event takes 12 months to prepare and is the highlight of the year, not just for us but also for the teenagers in our village. As of today, 68 teenagers have pre-registered.
This event is too big for us to host alone. The Lord has provided help through:
- The members of Faith Bible Church (the village church). They will be helping us by coaching, being small group leaders, teaching Bible lessons and so much more.
- Nine members of our home church in Michigan, Jenison Bible Church, will be helping us, too.
- Stephen’s parents, Darryl and Becky, will help with many details behind the scene and also will provide meals for the JBC team.
- YOU! Through your prayer and partnership, we are able to host this camp, the 5th annual Sports Bible Camp.
The theme this year is “The Choice”. Through the skits, Bible lessons, and small group time, we hope to challenge the players to make the choice to believe in Jesus Christ alone as their Savior.
Please pray for:
- The Gospel message, taught by the village believers, will be clear for the players.
- The salvation and safety of each player.
- Safety for the JBC team as they travel and endure jetlag and the heat of this country. They had snow just over a week ago in Michigan and will be exposed to intense heat here in the Philippines, especially on the basketball/volleyball court.
- Sports Bible Camp will climax on the fifth day with Championship Games, Awards, and Raffle Prizes. The entire village will be invited to come, watch the games and receive raffle prizes. We also pray they will receive the Gospel message and choose Jesus as their Savior.
Lastly, we are trying some new things this year, for example:
- Three of the believers will be performing a skit every day, based upon the Bible lessons. Hopefully, this will present the Gospel message in a fun way for the players as well as during the Championship Games;
- Every year, the players memorize verses. This year they will memorize John 6:47, John 3:18 and John 3:36. Each day they will receive a piece of paper with the verse of the day along with 72 lines for signatures. We will challenge each player to memorize the verse and then go and tell the verse to 72 people in the village. If all 69 players tell the verse of the day to 72 people each, every day the verse will be said 4, 968 times. Could you imagine that? Every morning, the Gospel message will be shared to the players and then the players will be spreading the Good News throughout the village in the afternoon! Hopefully the players will take this challenge and do so.
Please pray that God will be glorified during this week.