The weather outside isn’t frightful nor are carolers singing outside our door. But the Jordan family is celebrating Christmas together.
Several months ago, our daughters asked if we could celebrate Christmas together as a family while we are in the States, as we will be back in the Philippines in December. So, we set this week aside and planned several activities, including:
- A trip to Frankenmuth to purchase yearly Christmas ornaments;
- Baking and enjoying Christmas cookies;
- Having Ginger’s special Christmas breakfast;
- Listening to Christmas music;
- Watching a Hallmark Christmas movie;
- Decorating the Christmas tree and hanging stockings;
- Taking a family picture;
- Reading about the birth of Jesus from the Gospel of Luke.
It has been a fun week to make some special memories as a family. And every day we should remember that Jesus came to be the Savior of the world.