Eph 3:6; Eph 3:10-20
1 Thess 4:7 God has called us to live holy lives…
1 Thess 4:11-12 Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. Then people who are not believers will respect the way you live, and you will not need to depend on others.
Eph 3:6; Eph 3:10-13
This is God’s plan; Both Jew and Gentile who believe the Good News equally share in the riches inherited (Gal 4:4) by God’s children. Both are part of the same body and both enjoy the promise of blessings because they belong to Christ.
God’s purpose in all this was to use the church to display his wisdom and its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in heavenly places. This was his eternal plan
Because it is his plan for us to display his wisdom… the wisdom that produced His eternal plan of everyone united, together making up his physical body on earth, sharing the inherited riches of being God’s kids… to display the variety of his wisdom… yes to those who witness our lives in the flesh (1Thess 4:11-12), but ALSO to the unseen rulers and authorities in heavenly places. (Eph 3:10-13)
In order to do that, we are going to need “His glorious, unlimited resources , empowering us with strength in our Spirit.” (Eph 4:16) It’s when we are depending on that power that:
- Christ will make his home in our hearts (Eph 4:17)
- We will grow deeper in love for God (Eph 4:17)
- It will keep us strong (Eph 4:17)
- It will take that power for us to understand the width, length, height and depth of God’s love. (Eph 4:18)
- As we understand His love, we will come to know it by experience. (Eph 4:19)
- Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. (Eph 4:19)
And by the way, “all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within, to accomplish all this, and infinitely more than you can ask or think.” (Eph 4:20)
- That you will know and experience him empowering you with his glorious unlimited resources in Christ.
- That you will grow deeper in your love for God. That you will, through the power of Jesus resurrected life in you, begin to comprehend God’s love in all it’s facets.
- Comprehending His love will become a life long pursuit.
- As you experience His love, you will display his love to those who witness your life (1 John 4:12)