The opportunity has come across our paths, for Bethany and I to journey south, to the western part of Brazil, where NTM and others are working to expand the reach of the gospel. This would be a sort of ministry “field trip” for us.
Here’s what we could be doing:
- We would be traveling by plane, auto and boat, to an international school on the banks of the Amazon River, that is staffed by a team of NTM USA personnel and other international and Brazilian NTM missionaries. You can find out more about this school here.
- We’ve been invited there to encourage this team in the area of communication. Not only communicating about their own individual ministries but also as as to how they, as an school serving missionary kids, can communicate better about the needs they have. They currently have dire needs for more teachers as well as other staffing needs and also some critical physical projects they are seeking funding for.
- The staff of the school are hoping to hold a sort of “Staff Retreat” during our time there and we hope to be a source of encouragement “from the outside”, by using music and sharing from God’s Word.
- Bethany has the opportunity to help with some much needed physical organization tasks as well as perhaps some missionary wife/mom/woman pampering 🙂
- And, by our just being there, we hope to simply be a source of encouragement. From our understanding, this is a small team that is stretched to their limits, due to many recent departures from their staff. And because of that, they’re all wearing many hats. We know what that can be like and we would love to do whatever we can to “love on this team.”
- And last, but not because of significance, Bethany and I would be intentionally getting out to a “field of service”, keeping our own viewpoint fresh. It’s really easy, when serving in your own home country, to lose a vibrant sense of what you’re a part of and this trip could be an important part of our efforts to stay vitally connected with the servants we ourselves serve.
Will you pray with us; that God would provide the finances for the trip and that whatever He does, we’re in sync with Him, whether we go or stay.
If you would like to, you can make a gift for this trip by clicking below.
[button url=”http://go.ntm.org/pottertrip” target=”” size=”small” style=”cherry” icon=”” popup=”” title=””]Give to our project[/button]