In less than one hundred days – ninety-eight, to be precise – our family will depart the City of Spokane in order to travel to Chihuahua, Mexico. That’s only three months and one week left to go… crazy!
God seems to be continuing His pattern of moving things along rather quickly. Here’s what’s been going on since we last posted… take a look, and thank God with us for the amazing ways He is working!
- We have a house! Just about a week ago, our family was presented with the opportunity to rent a fully furnished house within easy walking distance of the NTM Mexico offices in Chihuahua. After spending time in prayer and examining the details, we have happily agreed to live at this location. Now, we’ll not need to house-hunt or purchase appliances and furniture when we arrive. (Mexican rentals typically do not include a stove, fridge, washer, or dryer…) Instead, we will be able to focus on language learning and preparing for the new baby’s arrival. We are incredibly grateful for God’s mercy in simplifying our move in this way!
- Amy and the new baby are healthy! Two prenatal checkups have gone very well, confirming our new arrival’s ETA (and that there won’t be twins!). The first ultrasound is still a few weeks away, but we are eagerly anticipating baby’s first photo session!
- Our travel date is now confirmed! There had been a possibility that we would need to leave earlier for Mexico than July 9, largely due to the logistics of having a baby due so soon after our scheduled arrival. Those details have now been dealt with – one through God’s provision of this house! – and we’re now able to schedule visits enroute in earnest!
- Our support level is climbing! The deadline for our monthly support to reach 75% is approaching (this is our leadership’s requirement before we may leave for Mexico). Yet as that date nears, God continues to provide in unexpected ways! Computer failures (since resolved) have kept us from keeping this page fully up-to-date… but we are now clearly at 63% of our support, and very likely significantly higher! By mid-April, we hope to have a better idea which recent changes are one-time or ongoing… as you pray for God’s provision for us, you can also pray for clarity over when we can tell NTM that we’ve hit that mark!
- We have dates for the upcoming missions conference! A couple weeks ago, Amy and I announced that we would be the speakers for Mt. Spokane Church’s upcoming missions conference. We now have dates! The conference will be held May 30th – June 1st, and will be an amazing opportunity for us to share how God is working in the world today.
Please pray for us as we continue working toward our departure for Mexico! There is so much work to be done in preparing for this transition that we sometimes can’t imagine how it could all get done… yet God is faithful, and He keeps carrying us along! And we are excited to speak at Mt. Spokane’s missions conference, yet remain painfully aware of our own inadequacy… so please pray that God will work clearly through us to help others catch His heart for unreached peoples!