We thank God that we were able to finish the investigation at the end of last year as we had planned. We visited a total of 11 Koreguaje villages which 5 of them had an evangelical church. We made observations based on the Maturing Church Model, being able to conclude that there is a great need for more discipleship and help with Bible translation, literacy and church life.
In this village we were received by very friendly people who were very interested in the Gospel. It was peculiar to find this couple, where the man is Inga, a nearby ethnic group that does not share the same language.
That is why we projected this missionary work, thinking that a solid church among the Koreguajes has the potential to reach other nearby ethnic groups, taking advantage of their linguistic relationship and those that could not, like the Inga, could be reached because of how open they are to interact with different groups around them.
That is why we have to learn first. . .
To disciple the Koreguaje, help the church with its needs so that through the teaching of the Word of God it can be a solid missionary church, we need to understand the culture, it’s way of life and understand the language through which we can communicate the Truth of God.
And we must know how to communicate so we have started a Culture and Language course starting through the Basic, Progressive, Capable level and be able to reach the Competent level with which we can already teach in the language in a culturally relevant way.Illustration: Spanish – Koreguaje Bilingual Dictionary, Dorothy M. Cook, Frances L. Gralow.
OUR requests of PRAYER
– For discipline and the grace of the Lord in learning the culture and language.
– May we glorify the Lord and see a healthy church among the Koreguaje soon.
– We thank the Lord for his care for us and our children.
– We thank the Lord for the adaptation of our son Miguel to the College in Florencia and to the culture of this region of Colombia, which is very different from what he is used to.
– We thank the Lord for all the friends and brothers in Christ, for the way they support our ministry financially and with their prayers.
Mail: A.A. 16569 Bogota, Colombia
Want to support us?:
Phone contact: 866-547-2460 Online: Click here Electronic Funds Transfer: Click here
Check: Ethnos360 312 West First Street Sanford, Florida 32771-1231 (To the order of Hans and Liliana Frank)